2015 R/T muffler size

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by TwiztidPixel, Dec 29, 2018.

1. TwiztidPixel

TwiztidPixel Active Member

Wondering if anyone knows the length of the stock mid-muffler on '15+ R/T (or even what can fit in that area). Possibly even suggestions on quiet mufflers. I didn't think to keep my stock one/ones when I had them deleted. Looking to move out of it here soon and would like to bring it back to normal-people mode before doing so.

2. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

Did your car have the suitcase muffler or two separate ones?

3. TwiztidPixel

I'm not 100% sure. I have the 8 speed auto and it's not a STP or anything, so if my research is correct it should have had the suitcase.

I'm looking at just getting a couple of Walker mufflers but I'm not sure what length to go with. I don't want to choke the car out with too small of muffler.

4. TwiztidPixel

Change of plans lol. Went and test drove some cars today - came home and ordered a Diablo tuner and PCM. So this thread is null.

5. quietpeen

Glad to see that you are keeping the charger. Where you just bored with it or looking for something with more power.

6. LB3711

LB3711 Green Goblin Staff Member

lol nice switch.

7. TwiztidPixel

No I was actually considering a power downgrade. I have this condition where I can't keep the pedal off the floor. I was thinking getting something "practical" might help keep me out of trouble. So I went and test drove a new Camry and Optima. Pretty much insta-noped on both of them and came home and ordered more horsepower.

8. quietpeen

Lol, so are you gonna get a custom tune or just use a canned one?

9. LB3711

LB3711 Green Goblin Staff Member

lol downgrade baaad especially when you have a 500hp v8 then go to a 200-300 4 banger or v6

As for the tune Id go full custom with a dyno tune. Not sure if 2015s are lock PCMs are not but if are you gotta spend a lot for a tuner and stuff. Better off going all the way. I would. 5.7s take well to tunes

10. TwiztidPixel

I'm going to run Diablo's 93 tune for a month or so just to make sure the car takes the PCM swap without any issues. Then I'm going to get in touch with Jay Greene.

Yeah the Camry I test drove was a 2.4L N/A 4 cylinder I believe, lots of noise going on under the hood but hardly any movement. I'm not old enough to be that bored yet lol.

I'm going to have Jay Greene tune my car. 2015 was the first year they started encrypting the PCM so I did have to pay the money for an unlocked PCM. Kinda sucks but it'll open a whole new world of possibilities with the car. I know when COBB tuned my Focus ST it was a completely different car, so I'm excited.