2017 charger electronics issues

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by gascatpack, Oct 22, 2017.

1. gascatpack

gascatpack Active Member

Hi from GA....A first time Charger scatpack owner. I've enjoyed my scatpack... the first few miles. Now, at 1600 miles had to take it to the dealer for Brake, Check eng, Lane sense, etc warnings showing up. The service guys claimed they fixed (re-programmed) offline modules. It happened again the very next day. This time I'm seeing Electronic stability control, Service shifter, Brake, Check eng warnings ringing. What's worse, the transmission seemed to jam in reverse. Towed it to the dealer today and the Dodge tow guy talked about towing a 2018 charger scatpack (I have a vin) with the same problem a few miles away! This is my issue:

It doesn’t feel safe to drive!!!!

Any comments, suggestions?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  2. 0212353

0212353 Ivory Kitty Staff Member

First off - Welcome to the forum! No fun to see the car like this, but hopefully the dealer can make it right for you!

In fact........my Hellcat just did this.

There are a few things to look at. Mine ended up being a hose clamp on the back of the motor that rubbed into the wiring where the loom comes through the firewall. Now.....this may be different for you, as mine was on a clamp that goes to the supercharger.

Other things to look for - BCM wiring, I have heard of loose connections there, thus causing this issue as well.

I'd also check the battery connections, and the power connection at the front PDC, this can give issues too!

3. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

Welcome. Like stated above .....welcome the the site. It sucks to see any new car have issues.

I would have them look at all the stuff 0212353 suggested as he was researching this stuff while his car was down for almost 2 weeks

4. LB3711

LB3711 Green Goblin Staff Member

welcome to CF and wow thats crazy. Its gotta be a wiring issue.

5. gascatpack

gascatpack Active Member

Thanks.

6. gascatpack

gascatpack Active Member

I will speak to the service guys. The first visit they didn’t even disclose the DCT codes or anything in the customer invoice. So they didn’t share anything. Just wrote the complaint and re-program fix they tried. Don’t know what’s the level of troubleshooting they are capable of as yet.

7. quietpeen

good luck and keep us updated

8. gascatpack

gascatpack Active Member

Following up on my vehicle at the shop for 2nd repair and no clue in sight. Its towed to the shop for over a week now. The service guy has the BCM suspect along with front facing camera and another module. That's just what they think. They can't explain why the modules went bad to begin with (wiring, short, etc). So, its a hassle bound to happen again. In the mean time they are racking up test miles on my vehicle. He mentioned after 300 miles of test, they would be convinced they fixed it! Then, I get the car back waiting for it to happen again. Also, I have no response to phone calls/emails to Dodge customer svc. Is there any way to reach Dodge as an avenue to help resolve this? Also, what's the incentive for anyone to keep this vehicle for obvious reliability reasons. Any advice how to move forward with this stalemate?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  9. 0212353

0212353 Ivory Kitty Staff Member

I don't see why 300 miles are needed......

Mine got 10. There where able to replicate it on the rack after a short bit......which helped that!

10. quietpeen

I wouldn't give up on the car yet. Unfortunately there will be cars that have some issues - exactly what the warranty is for. 300 miles does sound high which could mean they don't know what it is and are trying something then driving it, then trying something else. Maybe they need to get a dodge engineer involved.