2017 charger electronics issues

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by gascatpack, Oct 22, 2017.

1. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Full Access Member

This is sad news.
    Guess we are lucky that the only problem we have had is the trunk release module which was a quick fix.

2. gascatpack

gascatpack Active Member

Hi guys, just got my vehicle after repair from the dealer. I am horrified they drove almost 200 test MILES. This is crazy incompetency. They still didn't find a root cause of the module failures (short, wiring, etc). But went ahead and replaced them. The say they have "involved" Chrysler tech support team. I'm guessing its due to the DodgeCares/Chrysler online inquiries I've made, etc, etc. It still sounds open ended. Here's the labor description. What do you guys make of this? So far the dealer did show information consistent with my understanding. But I am very curious what tech support will suggest for next steps, drivability.

desc2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    JohnnyDollar likes this.
  3. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

glad you got your car back, but sucks that they still don't have a definitive reason its happening.

BTW.....beautiful scat pack - Octane red with the dynamics package.

4. JohnnyDollar

Glad to hear that it appears to have been corrected.

They replaced the BCM (Body Control Module) which I understand controls the dash lights and gauges.
    Flowchart told them to replace it, they did and it appears to have corrected the issue.
    I hope that is all it is.

As for the 200 miles, in the big scheme of things, it's not that horrible.
    But then, we live in Texas and 200 miles for us is a round-trip to.... well, pretty much anywhere. :)

5. JohnnyDollar

Also, it's nice to see they went ahead and upgraded your uconnect software.

My wife took her Scat in for the trunk release problem and I told her to ask about the update for the uconnect,
    when she got her car back, they told her there was no update. :(
    at least they fixed the problem.

6. quietpeen

did you check your vin online to see if there was an available update?

7. JohnnyDollar

Of course, I already downloaded it and will install it myself whenever I get home.

I just thought that since she was at a dealer anyway, might as well let them do it.

8. 0212353

0212353 Ivory Kitty Staff Member

Keep us posted!

Goofy BCM......certainly sounds legit.

9. quietpeen

are you allowed to drive it? the picture shows that they state you are going to store the car while the technical support team reviews their work.

10. gascatpack

gascatpack Active Member

Yes I have the vehicle, the Mgr said "its safer parked with you than here". I guess it means the vehicle seems safe to the dealer. They have drove it for 200 test miles with no issue they claim. This morning after driving under 30 miles since yesterday I see the ACC (adaptive cruise control) BRAKE warning alarm on the center console go off for no apparent reason. There was NO close traffic/objects on a normal Paved road. Its looking to me the gremlins are still hiding in the new modules. I will record video if I see something weird again and maybe start learning about lemon processing as this will be 3 repairs too many.

On a separate note, I got in touch with another NEW 2018 Dodge Charger scatpack owner right here in my town through the internet. This person has had electronics issues very similar to what I have described here. In fact, his vehicle is at the shop for almost a month and not safe/or drivable. He mentions the same horrible customer (no) service and the other dealer is clueless about his vehicle. I passed on the DodgeCares case manager's phone number I have. I sincerely HOPE the FCA tech support guys or Dodge engineering guys will connect the dots here.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017