2017 charger electronics issues

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by gascatpack, Oct 22, 2017.

1. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

man i hate to see issues like this....especially similar stuff with more than one car.

2. gascatpack

gascatpack Active Member

I'll try to get him in on this thread so we can be updated to what's going on with his vehicle at the other large(r) dealer in this town.

3. quietpeen

yea that would be great.

4. gascatpack

gascatpack Active Member

Honestly, I was not able to do a good update of Uconnect manually via USB myself. It was weird, I tried twice simple as it is. When my car was in the shop last week, I asked in written record (email) that they do the update. That's why you saw it in the invoice. I was just hoping there are no software dependencies somewhere given my BCM problems. They sold it out of date to me and don't really care to update it till you fuss. Likely because it takes 20 minutes idle waiting time for them to update Uconnect.

5. quietpeen

I've seen where people have issues with the updated because of how the thumb drive is formatted.

My truck when I got it, the uconnect software was out of date and on my way home from buying it the NAV wouldn't work properly. Got back to the dealer and sat in the parking lot for about 45 minutes watching the update install.

May charger also didn't have the latest at the time when I got it. Seems that is not an important thing to make it on the pre-delivery checklist.

6. gascatpack

gascatpack Active Member

I agree. Its in the customer's face every second of drive time. They should pay attention to updating the radio firmware and uconnect before delivery. When I tried updating uconnect, it didn't seem like a USB formatting issue. The upgrade did start normally. But never seemed to complete, maybe my fault. Also, the radio firmware version (not uconnect) in my car was out of date and phone connection was glitching sometimes. That's why I was trying to get them to pull the latest fixes in for radio firmware and uconnect.

7. quietpeen

oh wow, I didn't even realize there were firmware updates also. Don't blame you one bit for wanting them to update it to eliminate it as a cause of the issues

8. gascatpack

gascatpack Active Member

You can check your radio by pressing temp UP and DOWN plus windshield defrost (all 3 buttons at the same time) for about 5 sec this will bring you to the dealer menu, where we have the version.

quietpeen likes this.
  9. quietpeen

assuming that is the drivers side temp buttons. Will have to check that out - just out of curiosity lol

10. quietpeen

did the technical support team ever contact you about your problems? How has the car been running? Is the other guys car still acting up?