2018 Charger Options

Discussion in 'Tech Info' started by quietpeen, Jun 21, 2018.

1. 3 G Bee

3 G Bee Full Access Member

Should not get mad about it, FCA has contracted with Brembo / Bilstein and others for x number of parts for each model year and the price is paid whether they use them or not along with penalties so they are offering them for cheaper models at a price point. to use the inventories up.
    The other alternative would be to stop production of the higher priced models and end contracts.
    If they put cheaper parts on 392 no body would buy them so next best situation is use them up. The idea being most people would spend the extra cash to upgrade engine as well. Sales must be slowing down.

2. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

I personally think it is marketing genius. I wonder how many people with 2016,2017, or 2018 V6 chargers are looking to trade in on a 2019 because they can get the srt bumpers and better brake and suspension package where as before they would have just kept the car they have

3. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Full Access Member

Well,
    as Roseanne Roseannadanna would say: "It's always something, if it's not one thing, it's another."

Most of you are probably not old enough to get the reference. :)
    But I'm old....

bbr1500 likes this.
  4. quietpeen

Yea, don’t get it lol

5. 3 G Bee

Hilarious !!! Gilda Radner as Roseanne Roseannadanna replies to Jane Curtan ....... well Jane it is always something, if it is not something , it is something else.

Original SNL skit character Radner as late night critic reporter Roseanne Rosannadanna
    This was when comics were actually funny, unlike today.

6. JohnnyDollar

Roseanne Roseannadanna was a SNL character from back in the days they were funny.....

bbr1500 likes this.
  7. quietpeen

Or when Saturday night Live was actually good lol.

8. JohnnyDollar

you beat me to it... :)

Young whipper snappers these days.

I also remember when they made fun of politicians on both sides and were also funny.

9. 3 G Bee

You are so right about that. I was in high school at the time, most of those comics got there start on Johnny Carson Late Night show. I bought myself a small 9 inch colour TV and use to watch Carson at night LMAO to the point I woke everyone up.

Watching the greats like Don Rickles, Buddy Hacket, Robin Williams, Dean Martin, Lucille Ball, etc etc.

Before political correctness became the norm and ruined the world. Everyone and everything was free game from politics to religion to origin, to nationality. they made fun of life in general but it was not hurtful in any way.

Leno and Letterman had wit but today all the wanna be late night entertainers just have no clue or idea about what is funny. The entire entertainment industry has become a joke along with the media ON A WHOLE. Vengeful idiots.

Occasionally when I am up Late I can catch old Reruns and still make me LMAO.

JohnnyDollar likes this.
  10. JohnnyDollar

You are correct.
    Phil Hartman was another, he could make fun of Reagan or Clinton and still be funny.