2018 Charger SXT Plus V6 w/Super Track Pack and Blacktop Package

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by clay0126, Sep 24, 2018.

1. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

i'm sure its the about 30 mpg lol

2. clay0126

clay0126 Full Access Member

Yes sir. I commute about 43 miles one way to work and it was a difficult decision not to buy the Hemi until I found out about the Super Track Pack option with the V6 fuel economy. That option made it a little easier since it gives the car the same look but with better gas mileage. and with the 300 HP it is a heck of a lot more fun then my 2016 Jeep Cherokee V6 I had before this. I have done 1 0-60 run and it ran 6.5 seconds with the car shifting itself. Not bad for a 4000lb V6 car.

3. quietpeen

not bad at all, i need to get a better 0-60. Only tried once so far with launch control and spun through 1st 2nd and 3rd gears and got 5.1 seconds :(

4. clay0126

5. clay0126

I haven't tried launch control yet. Maybe this weekend

6. clay0126

I need to figure out how to use launch control 1st, lol

JohnnyDollar likes this.
  7. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Full Access Member

I added the "no offense" for all the V-6 owners in general who might read the comment.

My main point was that I have heard a lot of camaros and mustangs with loud exhaust and they sound terrible, which makes me believe they are V-6's. I just shake my head thinking...... "they think that sounds good".

Only thing worse are the 4-banger rice burners that do it. - again, no offense.

Someone once told me "Loud does not equal fast"..... and it's true.

Our Charger is my wife's car, she picked it out, it was her first ever brand new, new car.
    I voted for the V-6 Charger, (and also for the 5.7) but was out voted both times.

We rented a V-6 and I thought it had more power than we needed.
    ETA: my wallet also voted for the other two.

8. quietpeen

everything I have read is it actually sucks and if you want good 0-60 times you need to work the brake and pedal minimize spinning and not use launch control at all. Its fun if you want to get a good burn out through a couple gears though

9. clay0126

I am going to have to try it at least once, lol. I'm thinking the V6 might grip a little better

10. quietpeen

after 500 miles are on the car it is "unlocked" Under the super track pack menu you should see launch control. select it, then set what rpm you want.(all on 8.4 radio so far) Then in your evic it will say to press the brake and hold then press gas down quickly. When it gets to the set rpm the brakes release and you launch or spin lol

Oh definitely, have to try all the features at least once and have fun with the car