Auto start shutoff timer

Discussion in 'Tech Info' started by SMOAK, Jan 16, 2019.

1. SMOAK

SMOAK Full Access Member

When you autostart your car it only last about 10 mins. Can that be adjusted to a longer setting? 20mins maybe??

2. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

go through the settings on the 8.4 screen. Pretty sure there is more than one setting for how long it stays running.

3. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Full Access Member

Interested if you find a way to adjust this. My 2017 manual only states it is a 15 minute cycle time, no mention that it is customizable.

I rarely use remote start. But on this trip since it's colder weather than we normally have (40's),
    I used it to warm the engine up while loading up at a hotel.

I figure ya'll up north use it a lot, but
    it was interesting to get into the car and find that the steering wheel had turned on to warm up and the seat heaters automatically turned on.

I had forgotten the car even had those options as we have never used anything other than seat cooling in Texas.

4. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

that is a great feature. Interesting fact though, it doesn't do it on every auto start, for the steering wheel and seats to turn on the temp has to be below a specific temperature. Might be 48 degrees or something close to that. Also if you have the cooled seats they will also turn on with remote start if the temp is above a set temperature.

5. SMOAK

SMOAK Full Access Member

Yes i use it all the time. Dont like starting and just leaving. Give it a few minutes for things to rotate and warmip some. Including the butt warmer and heated wheel. Its a cool feature.