Bluetooth/USB not working--2017 charger r/t 8.4 non-nav radio

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Roch, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Roch

Roch Active Member

Hello all...happy to be back in the charger after 8 years of 2nd Ram which i loved (previous charger, challenger, dakota, 1st Ram)..just bought used (2017, 16K miles) charger R/T..

cannot pair in bluetooth with ANY device...nor do the USB ports work all the time for CarPlay...did all the hard/soft resets from research on the web...im pretty techie so i have tried everything i could find...had a dealership #1 for two days, they couldn't figure it out (waiting on a call from Chrysler....seriously??) so i took car home..taking to dealer #2 on Monday whom i think is much smarter than dealer #1...

Any ideas from you guys that may have had the same issue....thanks for your time...

2. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

JohnnyDollar likes this.
  3. LB3711

LB3711 Green Goblin Staff Member

update it. After I did the august update it fixed a lot of issues. A main one was bluetooth not working at all

JohnnyDollar likes this.
  4. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Full Access Member

Welcome and keep us updated on getting it sorted out.

5. Roch

Roch Active Member

It appears that the update was already completed...version 16.44...oh well off to the dealer it goes i guess...(downloaded the update and put it in USB port and nothing happened what-so-ever anyhow)...dont let phone icon fool you no phone paired...lol

upload_2018-4-20_15-51-45.jpeg

6. quietpeen

Well at least you know it’s not the software version.

7. Roch

Roch Active Member

finally, hopefully, last day at dealer for UConnect fix...replacing entire unit...cant wait to finally play with the head unit...3-weeks old and no play time!! lol

8. quietpeen

I kinda figured that's what would happen, hopefully that clears up all your issues.

9. Roch

Roch Active Member

Well...another day another recurring issue...Uconnect new head unit/bluetooth/USB worked great leaving the dealer...washed car this morning and poof!!! no CarPlay/USB not working/no charging....back to the dealer next week...getting tiresome....

I read somewhere you have to wait for the unit to load? anyone ever hear of that? UGH......

10. quietpeen

Are you sure it’s not your plug connection to your phone? I have that issue where I have to push the connector harder to get it to connect. Before you go back to the dealer wiggle the connection, unplug it and plug it back in, and push it a little harder to se if it will connect