Bluetooth/USB not working--2017 charger r/t 8.4 non-nav radio

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Roch, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Roch

Roch Active Member

ok...may have found the issue after extensive research overnight...yea really irks me when crap don't work right...so on my iPhone 7-plus, 128g running ver: 11.3.1....nothing works, no CarPlay no charging, signs in sometimes but then flashes out...

put in my work iPhone 6, 16g running ver: 10.3...BAM....test drove for 15-20 minutes absolutely perfect. Car off then car on it signs in...(fingers crossed and will update if this changes)

it is either the iPhone version 11+ not compatible with UConnect or UConnect not compatible with/or the internal iPhone drive, at 128g file system, causing the issue or both. i think its all software based issue.

Bluetooth on 7-plus is just fine (dealer replaced head unit)..was the USB port that was the second issue.

UConnect, FCA or Apple (or all) needs to push an update for this...days of the older (pre-iphone 7) 16g phones small HD are becoming a thing of the past. Lets get back to the future!!!

2. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

that is good to hear that its not a hardware issue with the new radio. It does sound like a software issue now with your iphone 7 plus and uconnect.

I have a 64 gig iphone 8 on version 11.2.1 and it connects no problems.

3. Roch

Roch Active Member

Addendum to my last post: still works but if you have a second device in car with bluetooth on and you switch out of CarPlay it won't come back, it reverts to 2nd device. you have to re-cycle car power to get it back.

4. Roch

Roch Active Member

i have a sneaky suspicion its the 128g (yours 64g) file formatting in the iPhone but im not giving up my device for this issue for sure.

5. LB3711

LB3711 Green Goblin Staff Member

wow crazy but not the first time. I had issues with the mygig radio when I had Crapple and my ram

6. quietpeen

I can see it having issues with two connected devices but I think there is supposed to be a setting for which device is preferred

7. LB3711

correct. I never had 2 devices connected to the radio. I figured that would be a mess to work properly.

8. Roch

Roch Active Member

ok. final results are in. all together it was 1) replace Uconnect head unit with new, update added already. bluetooth fixed
    2) just got out of dealer for USB..total replacement of both connector heads (2-each) both front and rear were bad. wiring was fine. finally can enjoy Uconnects awesome features! hope this helps someone else. thanks all

9. quietpeen

oh wow, they replaced a decent amount of stuff. Glad it has worked out for you.

10. LB3711

thats crazy. I havent heard of that far of a repair yet.

My only issue is random reboots still