Delima

Discussion in 'Tech Info' started by SMOAK, Oct 5, 2018.

1. SMOAK

SMOAK Full Access Member

The Dealer had never seen that Guardian system built into a car before. They had thought i or someone had installed an aftermarket system into it when he first started explaining what was going on. I kindly told him he was stupid and showed him the Sirus/Guardian envelope that They gave me when i bought it. That dealership never seen a system before. The dealership in San Antonio tx has something worked out with Guardian on installing that in there cars that they get there even tho its a MOPAR PRODUCT. So we think. The service manager never heard of rhe system before which i shook my head on. Anyway its all back in and all systems are active and running and its a wait and see what happens down the road

2. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Full Access Member

We got the sirius/guardian system with our Scat purchased in Houston.
    I thought the guardian system was on all the vehicles?
    We did not renew it when it ran out in July.

3. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

weird, if its the same sirius guardian that is on my car and the one that was on my 2017 that is not something that was dealer installed

4. SMOAK

SMOAK Full Access Member

While they were working on the car i was getting alerts on my phone telling me my car might be getting stolen. Cause they were messing with it and the Guardian system was picking up the activity and sending me alerts. It shut itself down to were nothing worked until you take that panel off and unplug the system to disable it.

5. SMOAK

SMOAK Full Access Member

With that dealership he had know clue what it was. He showed me several of there cars and its not installed on nothing

6. JohnnyDollar

What dealer was this? and what dealer in San Antonio?

The guardian system is also connected to the SOS button on the rear view mirror.

7. SMOAK

SMOAK Full Access Member

Im kinda thinking when me and my insurance guy was going over my car and opening and closing doors and stuff it mightve thought hey whats going on here being so sencitive and all u know. Hehe. Im thinking at that time while we were looking at me car it shut itself doen then. After several attempts to try and start it remotely and no luck it disabled the remote start as well and i couldnt do anything from then on. Tow truck.

8. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

wow i bet that was very frustration with it being a new car

9. SMOAK

SMOAK Full Access Member

Pattersons in Wichita Falls tx is who i went thru to get it. I told them what i wanted color and all and the car in San Antonio tx was the only one available and i told them to call and lock it down and go get it asap. I will have to do some digging to find the dealer there. Tell you soon

10. JohnnyDollar

I am curious about the dealer being surprised.

No, that's fine, I thought you might live in San Antonio.
    We have a place northwest of San Antonio, but bought our car in Houston.......
    Always nice to see other Texans.....

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018