Driver side door speaker rattle

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by gascatpack, Jan 24, 2018.

1. gascatpack

gascatpack Active Member

Hi guys, I'm hearing a rattle with bass heavy music on the driver side door of my 2017 Charger scatpack ~3500 miles (preferred package includes Beats audio group). Its very noticeable at low volume (like #10) but I don't hear it at higher volumes. I had purchased the electronics warranty on the vehicle so I'm thinking of bringing it up during my 1st service. Has anyone noticed something similar? Any advice? I would hate for them to make it worse, it is annoying.

Thanks in advance.

2. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

is it maybe the door panel itself rattling? I don't have the beats audio but on songs with a lot of bass my rear deck rattles the dash vibrates.....basically a lot rattles.

If it were me I would take the door panel off and check to see if there is something lose. I don't trust other people to be as careful as I am.

3. LB3711

LB3711 Green Goblin Staff Member

hmm i have had my beats system cranked and hasen't rattled. But if theres something in the door pocket then it will.

4. gascatpack

gascatpack Active Member

I have the pockets completely empty.... I downloaded some bass heavy test tracks on a USB drive and can reproduce it at will. I have the dealer scheduled to fix this issue along with the routine service tomorrow. I'll report how it works out. Its coming from the behind the panel maybe higher up than the door speaker. They said they may torque tighten some screws or something.

5. quietpeen

that's good that you can easily reproduce the rattle so they can't say they couldn't replicate the issue.

6. gascatpack

gascatpack Active Member

After my previous BCM computer glitch (on month ~3) and a 2 week repair fiasco at this dealership the mood was somber when they saw me :D When I spoke about this they told me come Wednesday. I suppose when their "smart" technician is free (I hope).

7. quietpeen

now that you say that, is the BCM glitch fixed now?

8. gascatpack

gascatpack Active Member

Yes, its been perfect. No BCM issues. I'm at the dealer for the rattle now. I have my USB drive with test tracks in there. Getting my oil changed as well.

9. quietpeen

awesome on the BCM. Hope they get the rattle fixed for you on the first try

10. gascatpack

gascatpack Active Member

Just demonstrated it to the tech. Happens at low volume #15. He pressed the window armrest up/down buttons and says its coming from under there. He said he's looking at replacing the whole switch button plastic console on the armrest. Maybe its a quick fix.