Guardian Subscription

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by gascatpack, May 23, 2018.

1. gascatpack

gascatpack Active Member

Hi guys, My Guardian trial subscription is up soon and I am considering renewing or cancelling.
    On cancelling this "Sirius XM Guardian" service, does the Remote Door unlock/Remote Start quit working from the Uconnect app on the cell phone? I assumed it will still be operable from the Key FOB regardless of this Guardian subscription. Also, will other alerts, SOS button get disabled ?

Thanks in advance.

2. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Full Access Member

I'm sure you lose the entire app since the app is access to the guardian services.
    We will not renew it as $12.99+/mo is too much for something I have never used except playing around.
    SOS button will not work as well.

3. gascatpack

gascatpack Active Member

Thanks for the reply. Do you think the weather alerts on Uconnect will still work ?

4. JohnnyDollar

If you have the same setup as me, the weather alerts are part of Travellink and we got a 5yr subscription to that.

One issue I'm concerned about is losing the performance pages when the free trial ends. Apparently it can be a bit of a pain to get them working again.

ETA: we do not use travellink, either.

5. gascatpack

gascatpack Active Member

I don't recall when/if I signed up for Travellink. I need to look into that too. I will lose the perf pages too I bet. I'll call to cancel the auto-renew for Guardian and see how that goes. Thanks!

6. JohnnyDollar

It's easy enough to check, I just looked on our sirius/xm account and it shows the end date for the radio, travelink and traffic info.
    12 months for the radio (coming up in 53 days) 60 months for travellink and traffic indfo (ends July 15, 2022)

Funny, I could not find our xmguardian information on the sirius/xm website, but you can access it from your mopar.com account (if you set one up)

I stand corrected, to continue the current guardian features we have is $24.99/mo. No way I am doing that.

7. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

like stated above, without the guardian you will lose the functions the app provides. Travel link you would not have had to call to set up. At least I dind't on 3 different vehicles now.

You are not supposed to lose the performance pages, but you lose the ability to save info the the cloud based service.

8. JohnnyDollar

I have been reading on a bunch of forums that as you near the end of the 12 month trial,
    there is a popup on the radio prompting you to renew guardian to keep the performance pages.

People have said they actually lost the pages, but were able to get them back, only losing the ability to save info.

So, I am not sure what is going to happen, but I wouldn't put it past them to be tricky to get you to pay for the guardian services.

Even on the renewal page it shows guardian assist to keep the performance pages:

[​IMG]

9. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

If that is the case it is B.S. I can see not being able to save data their cloud but losing all those pages seems drastic. on older versions of uconnect there was a way around it if the pages dissapeard

10. JohnnyDollar

I agree, but people say they are able to retain the pages, just unable to save to the cloud.
    I think they just try to pressure us into paying for the guardian service...

I have had sirius/xm for years, and they are sometimes deceptive in how they market