Kitty got some new eyes......

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by 0212353, Aug 9, 2017.

1. 0212353

0212353 Ivory Kitty Staff Member

She got her new eyes [​IMG][​IMG]

These are installed on our "shop" Hellcat - our show car to feature our lights (here at RetroShop). These where dual color painted (satin black and Ivory Pearl), DODGE letters shaved and the '17 Hellcat logo vinyl'd in and we etched the lenses with the Hellcat logo and my company's name. From there, we are running a few new things in production from Diode Dynamics. We have the first set of aluminum based DRL boards in here, which run approx 5x brighter than the current DRL boards - and.....we have 2 sets of their upcoming "pro series" demon eyes.

Also, a few of the install pics.......kinda showing my anal retentiveness coming through........its incredibly hard to see a wire on this setup, even though I have 4 bluetooth controllers, 4 LED drivers and a full relay harness running these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And......a few shots from the install.

Makes me remember that I hate doing installs. Just not my thing..... Why? I'm......incredibly anal retentive about where the wires go.....to a fault. Today's install took us about 2x as long as the blue car....mainly because we built the harness for everything while we where going - but also with just running wires where I wanted them.

On this setup, I have 4 (yes.......4) remote controls. Pass DRL....Pass Demons, DRV DRL.....DRV demons......all so I can control them independent of each other. So, needed to find a place to mount all of those too. [​IMG]

But....when it is all said and done, the power wire runs under the OEM battery cable, all drivers / remote controls are located under the brake line cover, extensions where ran through the bumper bar, just......well, theres that anal retentiveness coming through......anyway, a few pics from the install!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LB3711

LB3711 Green Goblin Staff Member

nice. Lots of wires to tap in.

3. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

Beautiful. I loved the etched ptojector. And amazing job on the install

4. MADDOG

MADDOG Super Moderator Staff Member

Fantastic setup!

5. 0212353

Though its not shown in the pics.......we have 1 relay harness on this - and NO taps to the factory wiring on the HC. (yet). We ended up running a dual input to the relay. Input 1 is a push button switch on the ABS cover so we can turn the lights on for shows, etc. This is fuse tapped to a "spare" fuse at the front PDC. Input 2 is fuse tapped to the AC compressor fuse (only "hot" when the car is running) - thus gives me a DRL. I did this for 2 reasons......1 - clean. You don't see a single wire tap on my factory wiring and 2 - I don't have to modify my settings on the car with my Taser now. If you notice.........the OEM settings will shut off the DRL on the light if the turns are on. That is annoying when you wire up the lights to the pass DRL wiring.....when you indicate a right turn, both DRLs shut off.......lame. Taser turns that off, but......I didn't even want to screw with it.

Gotta have etched projectors! And yeah.....install was fun......Dave showed up and I had the car up on stands, wheels off and fender liners off.....he was like "wtf dude"......yup, not ripping up my arms on this shit this time buddy!

TY!!

6. LB3711

LB3711 Green Goblin Staff Member

Damn nuts lol. Ugh lol

7. Rumrunner

Rumrunner Full Access Member

I mean... They're ok I guess. :jawdrop:

Seriously, those housings are the seks.

8. 0212353

TY!!

3 G Bee likes this.
  9. 3 G Bee

3 G Bee Full Access Member

Very nice touch, excellent install, shows class not overdone and care taken.

10. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

JJ is the man and can do so much with,lights if you are willing to pay lol