New to forums

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by RitzRT, Jan 26, 2019.

1. RitzRT

RitzRT Member

Been a member of "that other forum" for about a dozen years. Looking for a place with more discussion around cars and less sales pitches. :)

charger.JPG

2. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

Welcome. Nice looking car

3. Nate

Nate ★ Vehicle Reader ★

Sharp-lookin' ride,:welcome:to the site!

4. RitzRT

RitzRT Member

Thanks guys. Waiting for a lull in work so I can sort out what I want to do for performance improvements. Some of the creature comforts I've got (adaptive cruise, lane sense, etc) aren't available on the Hellcat so I'm planning to just upgrade what I have. Already have the important parts (other than engine) in the form of the dynamics package. Deciding if I'm going to stroke it, supercharge it, or both. Probably the last choice since I'm not comfortable boosting it with the stock pistons.

Best,

5. quietpeen

Very interested to follow along on the build. I have read a lot that stock internals = 6lbs of Boost safely. However I would still be afraid like you.

To get hellcat power I’m assuming you need forged internals and supercharger. Doesn’t that also require a different cam?

6. RitzRT

RitzRT Member

Well, if it's getting stroked out, changing the cam isn't significantly more work since you're popping the heads, intake, and opening up the crankcase already. I'm not even so sure that 6psi is safe with the stock pistons. Some vendors say that it is, but I've also seen stories and photos that contradict that. And that's only going to get ya a bit over 100hp so I don't think it's worth the effort. I also don't like the layout/look of the centrifugal units so I'll be going with a roots blower instead. I like to keep the stock intake and airbox (with Hellcat lower) rather than having a cheesy looking conical filter hanging out in the engine bay sucking in hot air.

I've got a few balls in the air (also planning to build a 3 car garage and carriage house with a lift and do all my fun stuff in there and let the missus have the attached 3 car garage) so we'll see what the timing looks like as the spring/summer unfolds.

Best,

7. quietpeen

Yea root blowers are nice looking. If I was to ever to do power mods to my car it won’t be till warranty is gone which will be in 4 years and 2 months since there is no way I will hit 60,000 miles Before then.

That garage sounds awesome. A buddy of mine just built a huge garage with 14’ ceilings and plans on have a 2 post lift and more than one 4 post lifts for vehicle storage

8. Rumrunner

Rumrunner Full Access Member

I'm a member of those other places, but it was only for info, which is getting harder and harder to get. I've had an 06 RT, and I have a 14 RT now. I've come to know the differences and similarities pretty well. I'll help where I can.

Welcome!

9. RitzRT

RitzRT Member

FCA seems to be hit or miss on warranty claims as it is. I'm going to assume that if they think I've passed wind out the back while driving, it's out of warranty. Not losing any sleep over it. If I break it, I pay the piper.

Best,

10. quietpeen

Lol yea I have heard horror stories from dodge and ram. Are you at least running a tazer in the mean time? For me it was completely worth the price