She went for a ride.......

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by 0212353, Sep 26, 2017.

1. 0212353

0212353 Ivory Kitty Staff Member

On a rollback! :flamingdevil:

20170925_123821.jpg

20170925_125355.jpg

So....here's the dealio. Got her back from the shop Friday night, came home - drove all over the place Saturday.......took her to church Sunday.......no issues. Went to go to the kiddo's volleyball game about 7-8 miles away.....and she was acting REALLY weird. "Service Shifter" kept popping up.....then the shifter started clicking (ODD)......dash lit up with all sorts of stuff. Then.....it went away. Driving fine.....then poof, again......and gone........then more messages.....service transmission, traction control, suspension....... Got to a stop sign, stopped.....wouldn't move. Put in neutral, back to drive, good to go. Got to the school (game), and shut if off. Restarted, wouldn't go into any gear. Shut off, set for 5 minutes, tried again. Shifted into gear. Whatever, went inside, watched the game.

Left the game an hour later - same stuff. Even got the wipers going by themselves! Pretty weird. Got her home, figured I'd disconnect the battery for a while to reset the computer. Came back - car wouldn't start......at all. No lights on the dash, won't respond to keys.......NOTHING.

Well, thats no fun.....I didn't put it in the garage. Now.....its 3PM and I can't get it to do a thing. Screwed with it for an hour or so.....called the shop that I had it at - just to bounce ideas off his head, got VM (which I assumed I would). Gave up.....came in.

Friend of mine came over, we looked at random stuff.......no dice. Gave up.

7PM, shop owner calls......and CAME OVER to the house! Man, thats freakin' awesome. Looked over stuff for 90 minutes.......again, no dice. Gave up......

Called for roadside assistance Monday morning. What a clusterfuck. 645AM, off the phone. 749ETA of tow truck. At 810, they called (Chrysler, automated system) - asked if they where there......nope.....got transferred to the tow truck place. They are running behind (duh?). I ended up calling them multiple times, and they "cancelled" me. Idiots......had to call another truck, this one showed up 40 minutes later (at 1215PM)
    New driver gets in the car, unsets the ebrake......boom - lights come on. :censored: Try to start.....nothing. Crank and crank. Tried to jump....nope. Load it up. Fun, with the bags on it lol. We raised it up to load, then we lowered it so we weren't compressing the bags.

By the time it got to the dealer it was way late, and they didn't have a tech to work on it. Funny, my uncle works there, he was assigned the ticket :doublepeace:

Uncle called me tonight.......short in the fuel pump. Got the last one in STL coming to them tomorrow, and will be installed.

Gotta love canbus systems.....one thing freaks out, the entire computer goes BONKERS!

On a side note, I could finally see how low this thing is.......eek!

20170925_125307.jpg

2. LB3711

LB3711 Green Goblin Staff Member

ouch. you think the bag system is screwing with the car. These newer cars suck for any addons that arent OEM

3. 0212353

No, it had nothing to do with it, other than weird timing.

Bottom line........the 2 aftermarket components on my car are not tapped to OEM wiring. They pull nothing for power from the car's circuits. There are trigger wires fuse tapped, but.....the "pull" comes direct from the battery.

4. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Full Access Member

Wow, all that because of the fuel pump. I woulda never guessed that.

...and this is why I decided to get a performance spare for the trunk.

If the wife and I have learned anything from life, it's that depending on others for anything sucks,
    we know we can only depend on each other.
    Everyone else has let us down one time or another.

5. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

Wow must have been fun

6. 0212353

I'm kinda screwed on the spare thing........can't do it on the front (6 pistons)

and.......well.......this is hiding in the trunk now

2017-09-22 20.30.36.jpg

7. quietpeen

strap a spare to the roof on a roof rack....problem solved :dogpile:

8. LB3711

LB3711 Green Goblin Staff Member

lol

9. 0212353

Wasn't a fuel pump..... No updates at this time.

10. quietpeen

Doh...at least it’s warranty work