Stock 392 Daytona height.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by LB3711, Aug 8, 2017.

1. LB3711

LB3711 Green Goblin Staff Member

Will do

2. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

Done yet?

3. LB3711

Yup. When I get back on the computer.

4. LB3711

Here you go.

From the lowest part of the car sitting flat

20170814_163954.jpg

REAR

20170814_163235.jpg

FRONT

20170814_163210.jpg

5. Rumrunner

Rumrunner Full Access Member

That's what I figured. Yours IS lower from the factory by a solid inch. I think butch is now 1/4 to 1/2 lower than you now

6. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

Right now it looks like I'm 3/8" lower front and back

7. 3 G Bee

3 G Bee Full Access Member

Vehicle ride height is based on OEM wheel size and tire manufacture.

17's are plus 1/2 inch of 18's which are plus 1/2 of 20's The difference between 17's and 20's is only 1 inch total OEM specs. with 20 being lowest ride height.

The difference between tire manufactures is plus minus 1/2 inch for each rim size.
    the wider the tire the higher the car because the sidewall has to support the tire width.

The taller the tire sidewall the higher the car sits.

All chargers are aprox. 1 inch higher in the rear than the front. regardless of rim size.

So a narrower width tire will lower your cars stance.

8. LB3711

also different suspension parts and thats been proven.

For the chargers and challengers have the same exact tire diameters for the 245s and the 275s So that is not 100% true.

Quietpeens and my car are 2 totally different setups.

9. 3 G Bee

3 G Bee Full Access Member

Whoever made this post above is exactly correct but is missing some facts.

When engineering release a vehicle for production all vehicle optioned equipment for sale to the public. Pre - production Pilot vehicles, crash testing / drivability testing etc.
    10 units are built for each option to be listed for sale to the public. The vehicles are then weighed and the average weight of those 10 units becomes the base vehicle weight listed.

No 2 vehicles weigh the exact same so no 2 vehicle are the exact same ride height. but are close

The base vehicle weight is then tied to the rim and tire size for RIDE HEIGHT and alignment.

Your door tire label placard Bar Code has these measurements and are then tied to all VIN #'s

Ride height has nothing to do with suspension components because suspension components are designed to be within 1/2 inch of each other. This is because the Merril - liners $ million dollar machines that set your alignment and Venturi aimers that set headlamps only have 3 possible ride height settings that they adjust to.

e.g.: My 2007 Super Bee was offered to the public with 4 option packages, sunroof / stereo / rear DVD etc. The weight of each of those options is probably 300 pounds in total yet the ride height of all 1000 cars is the same. However because the rear tires are 255's and fronts 245's the suspension has been tuned so that the car is lowered in rear and raised in front to level the car.

The other variable in suspension are the Police units because they add about 500 pounds of equipment The ride height still follows the same 1/2 inch process but the suspensions are tuned to absorb the added weight. and the alignment is set with the added weight applied to the program.

The ride height is measured at the rear of the motor mount frame rail witch is like 6 - 8 inches
    But if you measure at wheel well center of tire take rim size 20 inches and side wall height 55 and you get your vehicle ride height. not the listed ride height.

The only way to properly drop your ride height without affecting suspension dampening, steering dynamics or drive train energy transfer is by installing drop spindles. Because you do not need to change anything else on the car.

There are other ways to drop your car ride height but all affect other things.

Just to enlighten you Chrysler FCA routinely crush 40 to 50 cars of every model every option each and every year. that a major change is made.

Can you imagine crushing 50 Demons. or Hellcats or SRT's This takes place right after the New Year for Auto show, each plant will start building 80 - 2019 Pilot vehicles 50 get extensive testing and crushed 30 go out to auto shows displays Police trials, Race crowds, Media reviews etc. which are later sold as used vehicles at auction. If they only do minor components they will only build 20 - 30 total

Hope this all makes sense and helps you understand how and why the cars are engineered and designed this way.

10. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Full Access Member

and yet, since I was a teenager,
    my friends and I thought we knew how to make it better.

-just saying.... lol