Suggested Maintenance Log for Your Charger

Discussion in 'Charger Maintenance' started by Eagle2016-392, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Eagle2016-392

Eagle2016-392 Full Access Member

Absolutely. One huge difference is when you have a claim. A lot of companies try to weasel out of paying valid claims. Not so with USAA. Saw an article recently in a CR auto buying guide rating USAA as the number one auto insurance company for customer satisfaction in the USA. No surprise to me.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  2. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

that is my experience with them. I was rear ended by a lady who had USAA and right off the bat they called me an said were taking responsibility are setting me up with a rental car(oddly enough I got a charger as the rental), and gave me places to get an estimate and also required that the repairs be done with genuine oem parts since the car was still new enough.

Last accident before that which again was 100% the other drivers fault and it even said in the police report. I believe they were through Allstate and Allstate immediately denied it and I had to pay my deductible up front and then the whole thing went through arbitration and when they lost I got my deductible back. For me to get a rental car I would have had to pay for the rental car on my own and then wait for it to go through arbitration to finally get the rental car money back, and I didn't have the money for that at the time.

3. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Full Access Member

I have USAA as well, since 1980. They have been pretty good, no complaints.
    I also use their bank, also no complaints.

But you also have to keep in mind,
    USAA is a pretty small company, with a select group of policyholders.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  4. Eagle2016-392

Eagle2016-392 Full Access Member

My experience with Allstate as well. My wife was hit in her 2011 BMW and the driver 100% at fault (according to the police report) was insured by Allstate. Fortunately, USAA covered everything including my deductible in advance and they dealt directly with Allstate to recover the costs. The issue was with diminished value. I had to deal directly with the Allstate snakes on that one. I attempted to work with them in good faith and asked what they needed to establish the diminished value. They told me to get an after repair appraisal from CarMax and compare that with current book values with no accident on record. The figures showed I should have received around $4,000. When I sent in the paper work they said I failed to adequately establish the diminished value although I had done exactly what they told me to do. I ended up getting a check for $1,500 which was not enough in my view. If I had it to do over again, I would hire a lawyer on day one.