UCONNECT ISSUES IN THE 2018'S.

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by Brendan Mullally, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Brendan Mullally

Brendan Mullally Member

Hi everyone. Picked up my 2018 Charger Scat at the dealer on 9-1-17 and on 11-15 it was towed back to the dealer 100% dead. Started having software/touchscreen issues in early October. The screen would freeze up,it would go black or grey and not turn back on, it would not shut off at times when I shut the car off etc etc. On 11-15 I went to start it and it was dead. Had it towed to the dealer.They contacted Dodge and they said they are aware of these issues in the 2018's but don't have a fix yet? They may have something in the 1st quarter of 2018. I have tried to reach a case manager at Chrysler but they don't call back. The dealer said its Dodges responsibility. They asked me if they should put a new battery in. I said why? Do we know what caused the car to do dead? I don't feel comfortable with driving the car until we have answers and a fix. What the heck should I do?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  2. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

3. Brendan Mullally

Brendan Mullally Member

Dodge said they are working on a fix/software for the 2018 issues but will not have until the first quarter of 2018. No guarantees

4. quietpeen

wow, that could be another 3 or 4 months then. Does the car have any issues wit driving or is there just he chance you will go out to it and have it not start?

5. Brendan Mullally

Brendan Mullally Member

It drives fine but the battery went dead and I have no idea why. Nothing was left on in the car. It has to have something to do with the Software issue I would think. Very frustrating. Not sure what to do.

6. quietpeen

I can Imagine that it is frustrating. Do you have one of those battery jump packs that you could keep in the truck in case it dies again? I would not want to stop driving the car till they can fix the problems.

7. Mike G

Mike G Full Access Member

How long was it parked before going dead? I’d say yes on a new battery for sure, and I’d make them buy you a battery tender to keep plugged in while it’s parked as well until they come up with a fix. Luckily I have not had any issues on my 2018 as of yet.

8. quietpeen

that is a good idea. Replacing the battery would also eliminate it as a possible cause

9. Brendan Mullally

Brendan Mullally Member

Probably not in use for 2 days before I found it dead.

10. LB3711

LB3711 Green Goblin Staff Member

Mine went stone dead once but I think mine was because I left the tazer plugged in. That was just overnight. I bet something didn't turn off ie: screen in between the gauges or the 8.4 screen. Car must have not shut down properly.

What Id do is every time you park it like over night. Walk away and then come back about 5 minutes later without the fobs and make sure everything is off inside. Gauges, both screens and the shifter.